POCKETEARTH

Offline location -YES, offline navigation – NO

Home All Topics General Offline location -YES, offline navigation – NO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sunbat
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hi!

I am happy with PocketEarth – last week I was cycling through Czech Republic and the app proved very useful, with all the layers and funcionality.
    My only concern is – when I choose any point on the map and then choose ‘navigate to here’ a message pops out:

WARNING
    Unable to connect to server, please check your connection and try again.

So I need to be online to have navigation?
    Why? All the data is right there in the maps I downloaded (Poland and Czech Republic country maps)
    Nokia Here Maps also use openstreet and offline navigation is possible in Nokia, the downloaded maps weigh the same.

Please help
    Thank you
    Daniel

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Currently, you must be online to plan a route. However, the route may be saved and used when offline, giving voice guided turn-by-turn directions. This is stated on our website and in our app store description.

We do plan to implement an offline routing engine, but its going to be a huge amount of work and we don’t have the resources to start this project at the moment as we have some other big features in the queue before it.

haexli2
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

any news about offline-routing?

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

Hi haexli2,

sorry to disappoint you … in the latest beta, there is a new (much more powerfull) routing engin integrated. But again, this engin is an online service, so I do not think that offline-routing is still on the list ….

nounours

haexli2
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

Hi nounours
    Thank you for the feedback. Very sad, this feature is the only thing I miss in this APP.
    Unfortunately I still have to use alternative APPs for nagivation and routing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.