POCKETEARTH

Screen Dimming: moving & charging

Home All Topics Feature Requests Screen Dimming: moving & charging

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

I use PE mostly when cycling. I charge the iPhone while cycling, using a hub dynamo. So it does not charge when I’m not moving. So, when riding I want PE to prevent the iPhone from locking (dimming). But as soon as I stop moving I would like the iPhone to lock.

Because I have the iPhone mounted on my handle bar and thus not holding it in my hand it often happens to me that I forget to switch off PE (or the iPhone) when I stop cycling to have a short (or longer) break. In this case PE drains my battery. (When using it while hiking this will probably not happen since you usually are in the habit of switching off the iPhone when putting it back into your pocket.)

Also, when I don’t use a hub dynamo (when I forget to connect the iPhone or when climbing a steep road) the iPhone is not charging. In this case I prefer the iPhone to dim regardless off my Prevent with GPS setting. So I personally prefer to only prevent any dimming while charging.

It would be great to have two extra Screen Dimming options: Moving and Charging.

Screen Dimming options:

1. Always Allow
    2. Always Prevent
    3. Prevent with GPS
    4. Prevent with GPS & Moving

Additional – overrule – option: Only prevent when Charging

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

We will add a “Prevent when Plugged In” option in Pocket Earth 2.8.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.