POCKETEARTH

1.6.4 bug. App crashes often when recording track and viewing “Track To Here”.

Home All Topics General 1.6.4 bug. App crashes often when recording track and viewing “Track To Here”.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ragnakore
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 38

I was recording a track and at the same time, viewing “Track To Here” as well.

I would periodically change waypoints/POI to “Track to Here” to know the distance of the targeted waypoint/POI.

The app oftentimes crashes. It appears, the app is very “clunky” it crashes. I wish I could exactly pinpoint how to do this with 1.6.4 but I was in an important journey to map out a route and to experiment with 1.6.4 any further. So instead, I used PE Bete to record the track and used 1.6.4 to “Track to Here”.

It was a shame. I previously used MotionX GPS to do all these without any issues. The only problem I had with motionX is that apps’ inability to pre-download large map EASILY. As a comparison, I can download the whole map of South East Asia with PE in less than 30 minutes, while it would take more than 30 months for MotionX to do the same (no exaggeration on the 30 months – I already tried to and extrapolated the duration based on the percentage done).

Furthermore, please consider MotionX and Garmin’s GUI. In my opinion, these have much easier UI than Pocket Earth’s.
    I highly suggest the use of configurable “Widgets” type interface such that user can define where a particular button or menu to appear.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.