POCKETEARTH

Android?

Home All Topics Feature Requests Android?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dima M
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 0

Hello, do you have any plans on developing PocketEarth for Android? I can’t find something good enough for Android as Pocketearth for iOS.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

We are working on an Android version but it will be several months still before it is available.

linato
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5

Wow!
    That is great news!
    PocketEarth is my favorite application on my Phone! I have also lots of places saved on it and use it everyday since I moved to Taipei some months ago and am still exploring the city.
    Its so good if u have a chance to find that tasty restaurant again, after discovering it somewhere in the urban jungle.
    I have an iPhone 5 and wish to change to Android quite a while now but cant do that since i would lose this nice application..

Please keep us updated about the progress on the android app. Specially if there is some release schedule.

Thanks for this great application!

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

Wow!!! Good news!!!

Anybody interested in creating a club “iPhone-users-because-PocketEarth-not-available-on-Android” ???? 🙂

JohnnyT
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

This is great news! I have several friends who use Android phones and tablets. They use other apps based on OpenStreetMaps and we would love to share our custom Pins among each other. Just a kind request to make the iOS and Android versions compatible with each other in terms of custom Groups and Pins, and the ability to Import/Export between them.

By the way, none of the Android apps come close to doing what Pocket Earth does. They are so jealous!

JasonEarl
    Participant

Is there any news since the 31st of August about the process of bringing Pocket Earth to Android?

twowheels
    Participant

I’d like to know how long we have to wait for the Android version too. The only reason I keep an iPhone is for Pocket Earth…..it’s amazingly good for cycle touring in Europe….nothing matches the clear mapping and presentation of cycle routes….and I’m like a mobile encyclopaedia as I click on the wicopedia icons when riding!
    ……but I’d prefer to have a waterproof Android phone on my handlebars!

jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

@twowheels: I’m using a casing from Lifeproof. They are really good and I suspect it protects the smartphone better than any waterproof Android phone. When I’m on a cycling trip I always leave the iPhone in the case, because it is slim enough to slide into your pocket. Also the – optional – handlebar mount is very handy, you need only one hand to mount and unmount it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.