POCKETEARTH

Area/pin

Home All Topics Feature Requests Area/pin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MikeB
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 55

When I travel, sometimes I find an area of a city that I would like to explore on a future trip. So, my idea is to have a tool to highlight part of a map and then use it like a pin. That means to make it a favourite and add information to it. It would also be useful when searching to only search within the selected area. Generally, the area could be a circle or other shape. It would not need to be so specific as, for example, a route.

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

I too would like Areas. I wonder if importing KML documents would suffice to define the area?

I’ve wanted to have a reproduction of http://lovebunnies.luckypro.biz/01_stuff/05_other/01_rioni/index.html (a Google Map I created years ago) on PE since I first got PE!

Being able to import KMLs–it’s so easy to map areas in Google Earth, and easier than it used to be to use Google Maps for areas–would serve multiple purposes. But perhaps KML capabilities are copyright/patent restricted?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.