POCKETEARTH

Auto tracking

Home All Topics Feature Requests Auto tracking

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

One more feature request for today ;•)

When I’m cycle-touring a long distance I generally only switch on Pocket Earth when I’m at a (major) turn or crossing (or when I want to know how far it still is till a next turn.)

It would be very handy that every time when Pocket Earth is switched on it automatically stores the positions in a track. This way I am able to see the route I have ridden by the “bread crumbs” it stores. This could be one track or even better a daily auto-track.

For a long days ride switching on tracking is not an option for me because it uses to much energy since the GPS is continuously on. The bread crumbs auto-tracking would be a perfect alternative!

(Motion-X has this functionality. They call it ‘real time track’, to be found under the ‘Maps’ button.)

My feature request slogan:

“The best overall navigation-app. Enthusiastic to help making it even better (for me at least)!”

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Yep, we have had requests for this already, and its on our list! I just can’t say right now exactly when it will get implemented. We have a large number of tracking related enhancements that we want to make so we will probably do an update focused on this at some point relatively soon.

Patrick Rushton
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

I just want to add my support for this idea! Any news on when it might be implemented?

Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

I do quite a lot of offroad motorcycling in remote area. Being able to seed PE with a series of pins (from Google Earth etc) would be a great facility

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.