POCKETEARTH

Building labels do not show

Home All Topics Bugs Building labels do not show

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Sunspark
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4

Hi, in version 2.0.2 I notice the show building labels option does not work. A sample location where this is very visible is at the site of York University in Toronto, Ontario. On the web interface of Openstreetmap all the campus buildings have names over them which means the data actually is present. In PocketEarth, they have none, even if the option for building labels has a checkbox selected next to it.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

I see what you mean.  Looking into it..

Sunspark
    Participant

Thanks. 2.0.4 still has the issue of not showing the labels although the update said text labels fix, I am unable to see a change. Perhaps it was for a different type of label?

I took a look at another app that also pulls from OSM and the labels show so this is a fixable thing.

Thanks again.

GeoMagik
    Admin

2.0.3 had over 20 bug fixes including some really important ones.  But unfortunately one of the fixes in it *badly* broke text labels all over the map, so we subsequently corrected it and released 2.0.4 quickly to cover this one.

2.1 should be available any day now which includes greatly improved routing service (switched online providers). 
    We are now back on the bug fixing track again and will look into the issue you mentioned soon!
    Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

While bug swatting please please fix the issue with the rendering of this website on iPads

GeoMagik
    Admin

@Kritou:

Should be mostly fixed now I think. Tell me if you still seeing issues with our site.
    We are planning to switch to a more integrated forum system in the next couple weeks which should further improve things.
    Kritou

Yep, looks though it is working OK now

btw the change of routing engine seems to be a great improvement – routing now is possible (in New Zealand at any rate) on unsealed roads

Kritou

Oh dear – it’s at it again! Like Topsy this page just keeps expanding as fast as I type

GeoMagik
    Admin

@Kritou

We’ve finished migrating to a new forum setup. Should be much better now, but let me know if you have any other issues with it!

GeoMagik
    Admin

@Sunspark

Sorry got sidetracked with new forum setup, v2.2 development, and major OSM data processing improvements. Might still be a couple weeks before I can look into the building names really, but I am sure we can fix them!

A new maps data update is now available though, latest data, fixed issues with gaps in highways, faster map rendering, lowered app memory usage, less chance of crashing on older devices.

Sunspark
    Participant

@GeoMagik

Hi, I just downloaded the 2.3 update but the issue remains. 🙁

GeoMagik
    Admin

@Sunspark

This week we will be updating our free app, city apps, and doing an in-app maps data update. Next week we will be looking into this and several other data issues that had been reported. Sorry for the delay, we have a long queue of tasks.

GeoMagik
    Admin

I know its long time already, but we finally have the missing building text issue and numerous other data issues solved. They will be available in a few days in the next in-app data update, along with the most up to date map data from OSM. A few additional rendering issues will be solved in v2.5 update which should be available in about 10 days.

Sunspark
    Participant

Hi: Just downloaded the in-app maps update and the missing building labels problem is still there. I’ll wait and see if 2.5 is required to fix this but for now 2.4 on 22-Nov still has the problem.

Sunspark
    Participant

Building labels work now. Not sure why it didn’t before, memory caching?, but now that it is map functionality is greatly improved. Thanks!

Bug confirmed closed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.