POCKETEARTH

Cannot find Rome

Home All Topics Bugs Cannot find Rome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joseph
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hello Pocket Earth:

Love the app!  Have a problem with finding Rome.   My map of Italy has a very hard time finding Rome.  In the map of Italy, it does not show Rome until you are very zoomed into it.  As the largest city in Italy, this is a bit odd. Also, searching for “Rome” or “Rome, Italy” is not successful.  

Just thought you all should know!
    Thanks!

Joseph
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Hi Joseph, thanks for pointing this out. It looks like the label for Vatican City is taking priority and showing instead of Rome. We will look into fixing this.  Rome can be found in the Destinations Search, but uses the native Italian spelling of “Roma”.  It is on our roadmap to replace the current Destinations database with a multi-lingual one which will make searching easier.

staceyzed
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

I put in Roma under destination search and it does not pull up any info. I would like to download map of Rome before we go, any other suggestions

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Hi, if you tap on the Search botton on the map, make sure the Destinations tab is selected and search for Roma, you should be able to find it in the list. However, note that its listed with the region where its located in and appears as “Roma, Latium”. See the attached image.

Alternately, you can locate it on the map and tap on it to get the Info Panel at top, then tap the star icon on it to download. If you have zoomed all the way into it so only Rome/Roma is showing on the map, you can press the ‘i’ button at top right instead to see the info about the place in the currently onscreen.
    Let me know if this helps!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.