POCKETEARTH

Cannot switch from Offline to Online mode. App Crashes

Home All Topics Bugs Cannot switch from Offline to Online mode. App Crashes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Emusic
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Running IOS 6.0.1 on Ipad2 , Pocket Earth 1.4 crashes every time I attempt to turn on the Wifi Connection, upon restarting PE , it’s back to
    offline mode so I am unable to download any new data…

Happens if I choose WiFi or Any Connection.

Any suggestions?  I would like to preserve my existing routes and pins etc.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Sorry for the very slow response and very sorry to hear that this is happening!  We are not sure what exactly is happening, we haven’t had any other reports of this.  Let us know if you still have this issue, or managed to work around it some way!

Our next app update will include a feature to detect crashes, and will automatically backup your pins, and other favorites data, so that if you have to re-install the app, you can recover your data exactly. We hope to have this update available in the next few weeks.
    For now you could try the Settings > Export feature. CSV export works best for pins, GPX for routes/tracks, though GPX is a less rich format than what PocketEarth uses internally, so re-importing GPX files will loose some details. Doing a GPX export of each track/route individually will re-import better than the single Settings > Export > GPX option.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.