POCKETEARTH

City names not appearing, asian fonts/labels missing

Home All Topics Bugs City names not appearing, asian fonts/labels missing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    eddie
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 1

City names in many cases do not appear at any zoom level.  I am seeing this issue particularly in foreign countries, e.g. Russia (Syktyvkar, in the Komi Republic, for example).  I have tried multiple label language settings since I am used to reading cyrillic, but no luck.

Also, I am unable to get asian labels to appear in their native languages (chinese, korean, japanese) but only transliterations.
    OSM doesn’t have these problems on their web interface, as I can see all of the city names and the native language labels on their website.
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Thanks for pointing out this issue with Russian city names, it has been corrected. The fix will be available later today via an in-app update (Settings > Data Cache > Check for Updates).

PocketEarth currently doesn’t support some asian fonts, but we are working to add this in a coming app update.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.