POCKETEARTH

Coordinates settings do not effect search by coordinates

Home All Topics Bugs Coordinates settings do not effect search by coordinates

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JPrison
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 3

Dear PocketEarth team,

I’ve noticed that when changing the settings for the format of the coordinates, for example from DMS to DM, this does not transverse into the way you can search a location by the search function search by coordinates. This, in my opinion must be a bug.

Keep up the good work!

/Johannes

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

The text entry field on the coordinates search can handle any of more than half a dozen coordinate formats! Please see our Help Manual for examples of some of the most common supported formats.

On the other hand, if you were referring to the DMS roller wheels input screen for coordinate search, then you can just leave Seconds at 0 and just set the Degrees and Minutes as desired. There is limited space and thus this wheel based input is not very suitable for inputing other coordinate formats. We could possibly add DM.mm format support as well if that seems useful?

JPrison
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 3

I don’t know if all the other users, but I think DM.mm is one of the most common formats used. I use this app when Geocaching and in that community this seems to be the format of choice. But it’s a good thing that there is the alternative with text entry.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

DM.mm coordinate entry wheels have been added in v1.6 update, available now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.