POCKETEARTH

Coordinates

Home All Topics General Coordinates

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

I have DM in settings but if I try and search using the Coordinates button the lat/long counters remain in DMS!

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

The setting is only for displaying coordinates. For entry, we currently offer the DMS roller wheels, and Text entry.  Text entry supports many common formats and you can find examples of them in our Help Manual.

We will consider adding DM wheels for a future update.  For now you can also enter DM coord via the wheels simply by setting the S wheel to 0.
    Kritou

Thanks for the reply but could you please amplify ” For now you can also enter DM coord via the wheels simply by setting the S wheel to 0.”

GeoMagik
    Admin

I mean that DM coords are same as DMS except without the Seconds. You can enter DM coords simply by setting the value of the 3rd wheel to 0′ as shown in the attached screenshot.

Or maybe you meant DM.mm format where the Minutes are entered with a decimal and 2 digits of precision?  If so, we are working to add this in one of our coming updates.. 
    Kritou

Sorry, I should have been more explicit, and yes, it was the DM.mm format that I was referring to

Kritou

Your own help explanation of the DM format shows a precision to four decimal places

DM (Degree-Minute)

Examples:
    48d12.5667’N 16d22.1667″E
    48:12.5667N 16:22.1667E

GeoMagik
    Admin

ahh OK your right.. I kind of forgot we were showing decimal precision with DM format.  So ignore my earlier suggestions.  And we will be including wheel entry for DM format with 2 digits of precision (I think thats the most that can fit on iPhone screen with the wheels interface).

Best Regards
    GeoMagik
    Admin

PocketEarth v1.6 is now available and includes a DM.mm wheel entry mode.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.