POCKETEARTH

Cross-Canada Drive

Home All Topics General Cross-Canada Drive

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gunmarsh
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 0

I have just driven from Calgary to Halifax on a vacation lasting 30 days (4,600 miles) & I cannot praise this off-line app enough.

I entered 29 routes, before we started.
    It was an excellent back-up to my sat-nav, giving viable alternatives when the sat-nav route was obviously wrong (narrow streets etc.). 
    It is now an essential tool as far as I am concerned, when travelling in unfamiliar areas or countries.
    The only improvement I could suggest is to include Exit Numbers on Highways/Motorways.
    Congratulations for producing this app. 
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Great! Glad you like the app. 🙂  You can show your support by posting a review on the App Store and/or Liking our Facebook page!

Exit Numbers are displayed already in PocketEarth, where such data is available. They appear over the highways in a blue and white text.   Our datasource is OpenStreetMap.org a great community driven open mapping project with more than half a million people contributing to it.  If you find there are missing Exit numbers, you can help out by adding some of them in your area via the OSM website.
    Best Regards
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.