POCKETEARTH

Edit POIs

Home All Topics Feature Requests Edit POIs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MikeB
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 55

Although I have not yet travelled with PocketEarth, I am now planning a trip for a few weeks. Some of the places I plan to visit already have POI Pins. However the information given often is useless to me – for example, giving the location as longitude and latitude when the place has street address is useless to me. I will be traveling on foot, and a street address is much more useful. None of the POIs I have seen so far include opening and closing times. These are also important to me. I would like to edit this information in the future to take out the information not useful for me and to put in the information that is useful.

Also, I don’t know if it is possible, but routing by public transport would be very nice.

PocketEarth has worked very well. No crashes and no other problems.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Thanks for the feedback!  Our next update, PocketEarth v1.3, will support different coordinate display formats and the ability to turn it off if its not useful to you.  Including street addresses, opening hours and other info on the POI would be great. For now I can’t say how soon this will be supported, but will let you know when we have a better idea.

Our routing service provider, CloudMade, does not support routing over public transit.  We plan to provide an offline public transit routing feature in one of our future updates, but the timeline has not been established yet for this.

MikeB
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 55

Many thanks. I look foreward to these improvements. This app will be the best!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.