POCKETEARTH

Escaped characters at end of Notes URLs

Home All Topics Bugs Escaped characters at end of Notes URLs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

Dear Friends,

iOS 7.1, iPad 2, PE Pro 2.3

Haven’t seen this before; don’t know if it’s new.

Several Pins have URLs in the notes. I’m testing this, but at the moment think the affected Pins are all in one Group I created by importing a GPX converted from a KML.

When I tap the URL in he Notes, I get a URL in Safari that has the text %E2%80%8E attached to the end of the URL. I sure there is no such text in the Note itself: At least, no visible text, and, when I edit and place the cursor, I cannot make it place “off” the last letter of the URL.

Any ideas what might be going on?

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

%E2%80%8E is the escape sequence for an invisible Unicode Control character which is used to indicate left-to-right writing direction of the script. There is a known issue with WordPress based web sites where it appends this to some links. I am guessing you copy and pasted such a link from a WordPress site into Pocket Earth.

We will investigate further to see if we can automatically “sanitize” the notes field to remove such things.

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

Well isn’t that crazy! Can’t thank you enough for figuring that out.

Yes, when I deleted the URL text and typed the URL back in by hand, all was well. I’ll fix the others as I run across them.

The odd thing is, the ecape-character sequence is not just invisible, it’s undetectable/unselectable. My cursor would not recognize it at all. I don’t know how that could even happen!

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.