POCKETEARTH

Exporting individual recording of one track

Home All Topics Feature Requests Exporting individual recording of one track

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    fbe
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hi,

for my last hiking vacations I’ve imported several tracks into PE. When we were hiking I’ve selected the track to know the next waypoints and to get gps tracking on the way. On the same time, I activated the recording to have a record of our pace, altitude climbed … The result is, that under each imported track I’ve to tracks recordings now. The one I’ve imported and the other I’ve recorded. Unfortunately I can’t find an option to export the one I’ve recorded. When I hit the share button, the resulting gpx is the imported/prerecorded gpx but not the recorded one. Even if I select the recorded track the app only shows the trash an view buttons and no longer the sharing option.

I there any possibility to export the recorded track after it is selected?

Would be great to have the function included to have a better control what to export.

Thanks
    fbe

p.s.: Great app by the way.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Unfortunately its not possible at the moment. Ideally one should be able to have multiple routes/tracks open at a time, so 1 for viewing as reference and another for recording. You can probably export the track and use desktop or web software to edit the GPX file. There is much free software available for this. GPX is also just an XML text file, so if you are inclined you could try to modify it in a text editor.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.