POCKETEARTH

Farmers market not visible

Home All Topics Bugs Farmers market not visible

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mackay
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hi,

I’ve noticed that a farmers market nearby that is visible on OSM is not visible on the London map in Pocket Earth. Any suggestions why?

thanks

paul

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

Dear Paul,

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “farmers market”. This could be different taggings in OSM, so best is you post the node number, or a link to OSM.

To understand what’s behind: OSM is a very free-format database. Every renderer – like openstreetmap.org or PE – will have to make a choice what is shown and what not. PE generally shows a lot more than openstreetmap.org (due to the possibility to switch on/off map layers, to keep the map readable).

So, if you refer to

shop=farm (as in example http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2698586971): This is shown in openstreetmap.org as a dot, but it’s not shown in PE. (I already requested the feature to show ALL shop=xxx with a generic shop icon if xxx is not known to PE.)

amenity=marketplace (as in example http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2198762188): This NOT shown in openstreetmap.org NOR in PE.

What is your example?

=> In general, if a feature is important to you, request it here to be shown (by specifying the OSM-tagging scheme and giving some examples).. Sometimes, this is taken into account by the developpers, at least as a “Minor POI” (e.g. a POI having no proper icon.).

Good luck, nounours

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.