POCKETEARTH

Feature Request: Distance info on POI/Waypoint

Home All Topics General Feature Request: Distance info on POI/Waypoint

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ragnakore
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 38

I’d like to request adding “Distance to” info when selecting a POI/Waypoint.

ie,
    if GPS is enabled, and when I select a POI/Waypoint, the app will bring out a popup “info” menu (on the top right corner) displaying only the coordinate of the POI.

I find this not so useful. Many times I am asked by my driver to calculate the distance of the next Gas Station, or the distance to the destination, and the like. The only ways I currently do this is to:

Method A. Create a “Track To Here” so the app will constantly display the “Distance” to the POI. However if my driver wanted to check the distance to another POI, I have to redo “Track To Here”.

Method B. bring out the “Ruler” function. But this is very inaccurate when we are traveling very fast trying so much so, I could only approximate the distance with high degree of error compared to the distance shown by “Track to here”.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Yes this could be very helpful, we are considering an Auto-Waypoint mode for our next major update to do just this.

For now, see my comment on your other question. You can add multiple items as Waypoints on a track and quickly switch between them by rolling the selector wheel.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.