POCKETEARTH

Feature Request: GeoFence

Home All Topics General Feature Request: GeoFence

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ragnakore
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 38

I once requested to have waypoint alarms/alert that is useable for navigation in offroad conditions (forest, air, water). Also useable for “staying away” from some spots.

I would like to request another feature: Geo Fence.
    User either define an area by a) specifying the corners, or by b) specifying a spot and a radius. Once user is outside this area, an alarm will go off. It is specifically the opposite of “staying away” and meant to “keep within” an area.

I find this feature useful when anchored out in the sea for the night. If the boat was drifted away either by strong current or strong wind, I will be alerted to make necessary adjustments.

There are also other uses for Geo Fence; one has to use imagination.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

We are working on a big update now to be released end of September or beginning October to correspond with Apple’s release of iOS 7.  This update will include Japanese and asian font support, public transit highlighting, iOS 7 support, and big changes to help make the app easier to use and easier to learn.

After this update, I think the following one will be focused on topographic maps, gps track recording functionality, and waypoint navigation including pin/waypoint alarms entering or exiting a zone around them as you have suggested.  
    Defining polygonal areas on the map is something we would probably do later on. We would also like this ability to be able to define and download maps for any custom user defined area.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.