POCKETEARTH

google map has different street names

Home All Topics General google map has different street names

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MG
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Going to Cartagena, Columbia and got the app to look for restaurants, hotels etc. But the street names are totally different then google or apple maps. So when I search for an address the app won’t find it (almost every time) one example: Centro, Calle del Torno # 39 – 76, Cartagena, Colombia (this is the address of a well known restaurant El Santisimo). This has happened many times with all sorts of addresses.

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

Dear MG,

PE is “just” a renderer, which display openstreetmap data in sophisticated way. PE does not have own geographic information.
    To find out if it’s a data problem of Openstreetmap, or a rendering problem of PocketEarth, please go to http://www.openstreetmap.org and check the data there. If I search for “Calle del torno, Cartagena, Colombia” I do not get any results, thus thinking that this street does not exist in OSM. (But I’m not sure about which Cartagena you’re talking).
    OSM is a OpenSource Project with nearly 1 Mio. People contributing to the map. If you are somewhere where the map is inaccurate or incomplete, please modify the map and contribute. Thanks!
    nounours

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.