POCKETEARTH

Groups flipped out! (V 1.6.4)

Home All Topics Bugs Groups flipped out! (V 1.6.4)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

This may well be user error, but maybe someone else has seen it? If so, I’d really like to know what I’ve done to my Groups.

I was trying to edit some Group names, and all of a sudden I had multiple Groups with the same name. Note that I was selecting and pasting over the same word in several Group names. I then tried to correct the names of the same-name Groups, and noticed that they were actually existing Groups that had been renamed. When I tried to edit one of them, all of my Pins jumped into one Group.

I now have approximately 50 empty Groups, and one Group with 584 items, mixed Pins and Maps.

I assume I’ve lost my original organization and will have to reconstruct it. But I hate the thought of going through that, only to have iPE be flipped out again! Any idea what went wrong?

I had added about 10 Pins since my last data export. So, I’d pefer not to have to reinstall PE or import my old data if I don’t need to: I doubt I could remember exactly what Pins need recreating!

Thanks for any advice!

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

You can try importing from a backup PE Archive file. It will not cause the 10 pins you have added since then to be deleted, rather the Import process always merges the data in. The import process gives you an option for how to handle duplicates. Change this to the “Replace” option, so your empty groups get replaced with the ones in the file (Otherwise it uses the most recently modified version which would be the ones in PE already which got modified when the were emptied). 

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

Thank you! I will work with this and see what I can do.

Lesson learned: back up more often!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.