POCKETEARTH

Guide / Wikivoyage

Home All Topics Feature Requests Guide / Wikivoyage

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

Hi there,

The one function I use the less in PE is the Guide. I just came today around the Wikivoyage webpage, and found it’s getting such a beautiful collection of data. So why it’s not really usefull in PE???

So please find some suggestions how this data could be better integrated in PE:

• The Wikivoyage is geographically hierarchical, but the Guide is not. Including a hierarchy would help to find something.
    • The bug with death links is still present (e.g. “red” links to no-existing articles are still integrated into PE as normal links).
    • Use the article coordinates: Most Wikivoyage articles now come with coordinates. I think it would be logical to place Guide-Articles with a sign on the map (on low zoom levels) just like Wikipedia-Articles. Or to cross-reference it from the map Info-screen (as I think it was before).
    • link also items in the article with coordinates directly on the map => e.g. “Örebro => Swampen”.
    • Include the pictures!!!

With this, the guide will get to be much more usefull!

nounours

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

update: here is the page about wikivoyage geocoding. There is stated that 85% of articles are geocoded, and it looks like that they are done in a more consistent way than wikipedia was in the early days. So hopefully, not too much work to include the locations in PE!

https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Wikivoyage:Geocoding

nounours

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.