POCKETEARTH

HELP: Failed to download route from server

Home All Topics General HELP: Failed to download route from server

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    binmarseto
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hello,

I am running Pocket Earth v1.4 in both iPhone and iPad, and in both devices, whenever I am trying to perform routing, it gives the error message “Error: Failed to download route from server.” This came up after I selected the destination point.
    I have done routing successfully in iPhone previously, so I think my steps were correct.
    Any help please?
    NOTE: My routing is for Paris, France (and my previous successful routing was for  Paris, France as well).
    Thanks very much.
    Regards,
    Binsar
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

This error generally indicates a network issue with the 3rd party routing service provider we use and don’t have control over this though it shouldn’t happen that often.  We have a longterm goal of offering our own offline routing engine in the app, but this will take some time.  

If you are still having trouble getting routes, please try changing the Settings > Network Mode option to Offline, and then back on to either of the other options. If you continue having trouble getting routes, could you email a GPX Export of a problematic route to info@geomagik.com and I can investigate. Just tap the list icon on the Route Info Panel to get to the Detail Screen, scroll up and choose Email GPX Export option. Thanks!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.