POCKETEARTH

Help importing GFX

Home All Topics General Help importing GFX

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mariano
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 3

Hi, 

I’m new to the app and so far I really like it. I can’t figure out how to import GFX files to it though. When I click on Import, I don’t get a choice to browse to a file or anything.
    I emailed the GFX to my iPhone as an attachment, when I click on it I get an Open with.. dialog but when I select Pocket Earth nothing happens.
    Any advice?
    Thanks.
    Mariano
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

The Settings > Import screen lets you browse and import GPX and CSV formatted files into PocketEarth. To use this the files must be put in the app via iTunes by choosing your device, choosing the Apps tab, and finding PocketEarth in the File Sharing section.

An easier alternative is to email yourself the file, and open the attachment on your device. When you choose PocketEarth, it should show you the Import Options screen. After you tap the Import button on it, the imported data can be found and selected in the Favorites screen, usually under the My Routes tab.  (You can get to the Favorites screen by tapping the black and white Star button (4th button in the main row of 5)) 
    Mariano
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 3

Thanks. The email route didn’t work (as I stated on the first post, nothing happens when I select Pocket Earth to open the file).

The iTunes option did work. Thanks!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.