POCKETEARTH

Help ipod touch: where is the Play button?

Home All Topics General Help ipod touch: where is the Play button?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sdegan
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Hi,

Where is the Play button to enter GPS navigation? And the Record button for track recording?
    Thanks 
    sdegan
    Participant

HIm

Is there any body that can give me this information? I am using the ipod touch and I can not start the navigation. In addition I am not sure if I am during something wrong but the GPS connection without wifi does not work. The GPS button does not turn blue.
    Thanks
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Hi,
    The iPod touch doesn’t support GPS. So you cannot record/navigate with an iPod touch. If you have Wifi, however, you can turn “GPS” on but it will only show you the position of the WiFi hotspot.

sdegan
    Participant

Thanks for the answer, but why on the application store it is written:

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. 
    So, in synthesis, for me it is useless.
    Thanks
    GeoMagik
    Admin

Sorry for the slow response!  The compatibility text which you quoted is generated by Apple automatically and we do not have control over it. PocketEarth provides a lot of useful functionality even on iPod Touch, but without the hardware support for GPS we cannot offer the navigation or track recording features.  If you need GPS functionality you may use an external GPS unit with your iPod Touch and PocketEarth.  Alternately, if you would like a refund for our App, you may contact Apple to request one.

Jim_BurkeVA
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Re: GPS recording on iPod 3G. I am using a BadElf GPS Pro with Bluetooth and I cannot consistently get the record button on PE to show up on screen. I have tried turning off wifi but still no record button. The one time it did appear, wifi was on and I could record a track and save it. The GPS button had been blue for several minutes before the record button suddenly appeared. I have been unable to recreate that again. Anyone know the trick to get the record button to appear when needed?

GeoMagik
    Admin

Not 100% sure this is the issue you are having, but:

The record button will only appear after the first accurate GPS fix comes in so we can avoid recording bad data. However, sometimes the GPS will not give any update if you are not moving.  Also, if you have just turned on the GPS (and the WiFi and Cellular are disabled), it can sometimes take up to 2 minutes to get an accurate fix (generally its not this long though, especially with an external GPS device).  We are working to improve this in our next major update.  In the meantime, moving a few meters might cause the record button to appear.
    XOMTOR
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 118

I’m also experiencing the issue with the record button not appearing consistently. I’m using an iPod Touch 4G with a Magellan Toughcase (SiRFstarIII). I’ve tried the suggestions and it’s still hit or miss. Sometimes, minimizing and then maximizing the app will get the button to appear but it’s pretty rare. Strange since I also use two other apps, MotionX-GPS and Maps 3D, and they both record tracks consistently. Hopefully you guys can look into this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.