POCKETEARTH

How to delete a pin?

Home All Topics General How to delete a pin?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SableRaph
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

I was going to complain that there was no way to delete a pin when I finally understood that you have to “unstar” to delete an item. This is fairly unintuitive and the edit menu could provide a “delete” button as is customary on iOS.

Still a great app though!
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Thanks for the feedback!  You can also delete pins from the My Pins list by swiping over an item to uncover the delete button, or from the Edit mode on this screen. 

We can add a Delete button on the Pin Detail Screen in our next release, and will consider the general point about the star icon.
    Brad
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

I couldn’t figure it out either.  Thanks for the hint.  swiping isn’t the traditional way of “deleting” so I don’t think anyone else is going to catch on without being told

Markus
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

I have a number of POI’s which I would like to load based on my destination. This is easy in Pocket Earth as it allows for import of GPX/CSV files. However I would not like to have all POI’s at any time in the app. This makes searching more difficult. So is there a way to delete in one go all the pins, routes, etc ?

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799
    Hi Markus,

Our next update, v1.5, which should be available in the next few weeks, will offer an easy way to select and delete all items.  It will also offer Groups (folders) so you can easily organize your pins and other content by destination, and browse or search within a single Group. It will include a new Edit mode which will allow you to select multiple items in one go, and then move them into a group, or delete them all at once. There will be a Select All button for convenience.
    Until then, you may be interested to know that with the current version you can search the My Pins and My Listings tabs by entering a city name.  For example, if you type “paris” into the search on My Pins, it will show you all pins located in Paris.  On the My Listings tab, you may also search by POI type, for example by typing “Cafe”, etc.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.