POCKETEARTH

Importing .gpx route from Mapsource

Home All Topics General Importing .gpx route from Mapsource

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

I’m new to PE so please bear with me

I have been emailed a .gpx route created in Mapsource and am trying to open it on my iPad

All I see on the map page however are the “elastic banded” via-points (and occasional waypoint) connected by straight blue lines but not the hoped for routing on roads

Is this a limitation of Mapsource generated .gpx files or is it my big fat fingers?

Thanks

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Could you email us an example GPX file to info @ geomagik.com so we can investigate?

Please note that GPX format is designed to store GPS Tracks and not routes with driving instructions. This is a limitation of the format itself.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Thanks for the email! This GPX file contained custom GPX Extensions created by Garmin which PocketEarth does not support. Good news is that we have now added support for this and it will be available in our next update!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.