POCKETEARTH

Incomplete Downloads

Home All Topics General Incomplete Downloads

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    michaelheit
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Hi
    When I download a map (Nassau County NY) from within the app the downloaded map only shows major roads and not secondary and smaller roads. My home street included.
    I know that this is a problem because when I was at the GeoMagik and Pocket Earth web sites and I hit the link that said “check the Map” all the information was shown ( all streets)
    I dont know if there is a problem with the APP or if I changed a setting within the app.
    I am really getting frustrated

Any Help will be greatly appreciated

sincerely yours
    michael heit

jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

It all looks fine on my iPhone/iPad. I did the following to download the maps:

1. Go to the main menu (left one on the iPhone)
    2. tap Get Maps
    3. type NASSAU in the search field
    4. tap Nassau, New York in the list (notice that it is 2MB in size)
    5. tap the Download button and wait for it to download (PE will give you a message when it succesfully downloaded the maps)
    6. Double check: go to Main menu » Offline Maps and see if you can find Nassau in the list
    7. Tap Nassau which will show you the details (population of 1135, elevation 135m, etc)
    8. Tap the View button
    9. Switch off your internet and zoom in.

Good luck,
    Johan

michaelheit
    Participant

Dear Johan
    that is what I did.
    Can you double check to see that all streets downloaded.
    I live in Lynbrook ( in Nassau county) the only streets that downloaded are the main streets around my neighborhood.
    Local Streets, like Lloyd, Cedar, Berry, etc all did not load.
    In Lynbrook (south of Sunrise Highway) only Broadway, Union, Prospect and Scranton loaded, All the streets within that area dis not load.

Thanks again Johan

Sincerely yours
    michael heit

jsgblom
    • Topics: 88
    • Replies: 250

Maybe you downloaded Nassua, New York (as I did) which is near Albany? That’s why I added step 6 till 9 as a double check.

Try downloading New York state (listed as New York, United States). This will download 118MB of data and includes the whole state. Instead, you can also download Lynbrook, New York when you don’t have enough memory.

BTW: when you switch on Settings » More Settings » Show Place Download Area the area of the selected map will be highlighted.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

We’ve just published the latest maps update, which was a bit behind our usual schedule. Perhaps these streets were only added recently (last 2 months) to the OSM project and you will find them in the update. You can get the update by going to Settings > Manage Data > Check for Updates.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

You might also double check Settings > Map Layers, towards the bottom there is a layer called Minor Roads. Make sure it is Checked.

michaelheit
    Participant

Found that in layers late last night
    That was the problem
    Thanks for all the help
    Speak to you in the future
    Michael

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.