POCKETEARTH

iOS 7 and map scale

Home All Topics Bugs iOS 7 and map scale

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ozgeo
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 52

Since iOS 7 I notice the map scale bar (bottom left) is incorrect. Seems to be out by a factor of about 6.5. e.g. Scale shows 10m but actual measurement = 65m

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Yes, this was caused by the last hot-fix update v1.6.2.  Unfortunately we had to make some pretty big changes quickly to fix some critical iOS 7 and iPhone 5s issues, and didn’t have enough time to test everything properly.

We have already corrected this issue and another issue causing a crash when using the route button on the pin/poi detail screen and have submitted it to Apple. We expect the new update v1.6.3 to be available by Friday.
    Ozgeo
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 52

Great stuff. PE is now one of my major apps, next to Evernote and Goodreader in importance and my only mapping app. And is the highest data usage of my apps at approx. 9.0Gb. I constantly remove other data so I can update PE maps.

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 299

Thank you Geomagik! Will be in Italy on Friday and hoping our agritourismo WiFi will let me get the update!

GeoMagik
    Admin

@Ozgeo:  Wow, 9.0Gb, you must have almost the entire planet downloaded!

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 299

In Italy now, and have just in the last few days noticed this! Can’t thank you enough for the hot fix!

UnaUnso
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

Hi!

I have the latest PocketEarth v1.6.4 on iPad 5 (MD511LL/A) with iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a)
    and the map scale bar is still widely out of range – about 10 times or so.

Some time ago, when I just downloaded the app (approx. May 2013) the scale was fine, but then it changed and I have no clue to to fix it.

Could you help me to resolve the issue?
    Needless to say, it’s extremely inconvenient…

GeoMagik
    Admin
    The scale bar became broken in v1.6.2 and was fixed 1 week later in v1.6.3.  In that week, we had dozens of user reports about it.  We have not had any reports since then and have not seen any issue with it since then. 
    Please go to Settings > About to verify you have the latest v1.6.4 and if so please help us by posting a screenshot showing the scale bar being incorrect. You can generate a screenshot by pressing the Home & Power buttons simultaneously on your device.  The screenshot with be added to your Camera Roll, and you can email it to info@geomagik.com or post it on this forum thread.  Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience!
    UnaUnso
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

Hmmm…
    Please take my excuse for the post.

Indeed the issue with the map scale was resolved correctly, and I just had a wrong impression.
    I looked at the diameter of the Altstadt in Göttingen and I could not believe that it is only 1.1 km, because the town is supposed to have a population of 120 000 and I expected it to be larger. But then I re-measured it on Google Earth and indeed it’s only 1.1 km. So small…

I’m really sorry! Everything works fine!

GeoMagik
    Admin

No problem, glad it is resolved!

We have a major new version of the app coming in the next month or so. It includes literally 100’s of fixes, new features, usability improvements, and will fit in more with the new iOS 7 style.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.