POCKETEARTH

Lexical ordering of Pin names that begin with numerals

Home All Topics Feature Requests Lexical ordering of Pin names that begin with numerals

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

It’s a small point, but if possible I’d like to see what I think is called lexical ordering:

1.1 Poohbah
    1.2 Poohbah
    4.2 Poohbah
    4.10 Poohbah
    10.1 Poohbah

Rather than the current alpha-numeric:
    10.1 Poohbah
    1.1 Poohbah
    1.2 Poohbah
    4.10 Poohbah
    4.2 Poohbah

If possible. When there’s time! No hurry! Thanks!

Oh, and perhaps a Settings choice to show numerical names at the beginning of a List, rather than at the end? I know that’s an individual choice. I prefer numbers first, others may not. Thank you very much.

Tobias Johansson
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1

This is also true for the order of Public transport that almost always starts with a number.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

@Tobias:

Definitely agreed, will be corrected in next update.

@BuckyE:

What about just using the “User” sort mode and dragging the pins to your preferred ordering? Perhaps then you don’t need to even prefix your pins with numbers?

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

Dear GeoM,

Sorry to have been away so long. Was in southern France using the heck out of PE and loving it!

Thanks for your suggestion. The number prefixes come from a whole other info system I have developed for trip research, and reflect categories set up in PDF documents. In some PE Groups, I have many dozens of these, so dragging would be…laborious.

So, anything you could do would be appreciated, but it’s not a big deal, a minor inconvenience and doesn’t need, by me, to be put at the top of any list. Thanks for considering.

Yours,
    Bucky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.