POCKETEARTH

Link to GoMap! App for GPS track uploading to OSM

Home All Topics Feature Requests Link to GoMap! App for GPS track uploading to OSM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NateR
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

After I save a GPS track, I’d like to export it to the Go Map! Application and contribute bicycle routes to the OSM project for my town. When I try to export out of the “details” window, all I get is a connection to my podcast app, or a photo app I have ( it makes no sense to me). The email GPX only works if its going to another pocket earth user and the GPX to iTunes seems to go off into space and I can’t find it anywhere. It would be wonderful if it could be recognized/copied to the Go Map! Application and be uploaded to OSM without having to go home and sync my iPad to the home computer.

Could this be made to work?

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

PocketEarth will offer to open a GPX export into any other app that claims to support it. I have no idea why a podcast app would claim such support. A photo app I could imagine can make use of a GPX track to correlate photos with it.

Anyway, Go Map! doesn’t show in the list because it appears to not support GPX file imports.  It looks like a feature request for this has already been filed with them:  https://github.com/bryceco/GoMap/issues/45
    NateR
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Thank you. Any good apps come to mind to get my GPS track into OSM?

Nate

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

None come to mind as I have never looked for such apps, but this page on OSM (scroll to bottom) seems to list 2 apps for iOS capable of upload:  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Upload_GPS_tracks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.