POCKETEARTH

Map legend?

Home All Topics General Map legend?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stub
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 0

Am I just completely oblivious or is there no map legend somewhere? While most things are self-apparent, such as roads and buildings, I would like to know what the various other things are on my maps, like the purple (and other colors) dashed lines, the roads with choppy bits of color. Are they hiking trails, non-paved roads, or…? Other than that, and the fact that not too many campgrounds seem to be listed, I am absolutely thrilled with this app. Especially after spending literally DAYS trying to download offline maps from another app that just never worked. I put my iPad in airplane mode to test my offline maps and yep, there they were! Makes me much more comfortable using this for my trip from PA to CO next week. Thank you for a great app!

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Unfortunately we haven’t yet published a map legend, though we intend to provide one in the near future. I’d recommend looking the map key on the openstreetmap.org website. While not identical, it is very similar to our map style. Just tap the ‘i’ button on the right side of the map.

If you still have any questions about specific ones, let me know!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.