POCKETEARTH

Map update frequency

Home All Topics General Map update frequency

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GregE
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2

How often are the maps updated? The last update I got was Nov 21, 2014. Every time I try to update them, I get the message “All data is already up to date.” I know at least some of the maps I use were updated in OSM a couple of months ago.

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

OSM data is changed all the time – some little changes, and also more important ones, all over the world.
    To keep a map up to date is a tough work, and involes a lot of processing time, and of course a lot of download bandwidth.
    So I completly understand that it’s not done too often by GeoMagik.
    But, especially for the ones of us contributing to OSM, a bit more frequent updates would really be important!
    Officially, it was stated that there is a monthly update, but yes, it’s now three month since the last update …
    I think one month would be cool, two acceptable … but more … ?? I must admit I lately have hit the update button quite often and hoped for …
    cheers, nounours

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

A new map update is now available. Sorry for the delay!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.