POCKETEARTH

Mapping question

Home All Topics Bugs Mapping question

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KCPH
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Hi,

I use PocketEarth extensively when I travel in remote areas, and it’s absolutely perfect!

But the other day I was walking in a local park and I noticed that the map for the park looked strange in the app. What is in reality a park with small islands surrounded by canals just showed up as one giant lake (see attachment). Today I finally got around to sit down with the OpenStreetMap website, and wanted to report the error, to improve the map. But on their website it shows up just like it should (see attachment)….

Shouldn’t those two maps be identical if PE is based on OSM? ( all maps are updated on my phone!) – and if yes, then why aren’t they? Can anyone enlighten me? I would like to be able to fully trust my maps to be both accurate and updated, and here they’re just not in sync… What to do?

Thanks! /Kasper

enter image description here

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

Dear Kasper,

This is known bug in the rendering of PE. Geomagik promised to look into it when he finds time. I will cross-reference this thread to the beta-tester forum where we discussed this, so your example will hopefully been taken into account at the same time.

Thanks for reporting,

nounours

Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

Is the beta testing forum viewable by Joe Public?

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

Dear Joe 🙂

No, sorry, this is a forum for beta-testers only. We mainly discuss there issues on the beta versions, so no really for interest for Joe Public.
    Anyway, we all read here and try to answer/comment on issues raised here as well.

cheers, nounours

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.