POCKETEARTH

Maps didn't update.

Home All Topics General Maps didn't update.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GregE
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2

I just checked for updates on my iPad, and found 8000+ MB available. When I tried to download them, nothing happened. Now when I try to update them, it says “All data is already up to date.” It worked properly on my iPhone. Any ideas short of deleting and reloading all the maps?

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

Hmmm, I’m also using an iPad (2, iOS 7) and I tried to use the aidebar Settings menu to update my maps. The initial message was that there was >4,000 mb of data. I’m at a friend’s house and he assured me that would not be a datacap problem; as it would be at MY house! I tapped the OK, the Download bar came on and advanced, then closed after about a minute. I know there’s no way even HIS connection could download 4gb’s in less than a minute!

My Settings also now tell me all data is up to date. That’s just not possible!

BuckyE

OK, I’ve found out what I have to do. (PE Pro, v2.3; iPad 2, iOS 7.1)

The maps were not updated. The Info Window has the note “Saved for offline use.” Wrong. When I tap the View button,and PE Pro shows me that map, the map begins updating. The note below the map name (in it’s Info Window) changes from “Saved…” to “Downloading (XX.X%)” and the download proceeds. Rather slowly, in some cases, as the load on the PE server changes, I assume.

Maybe I missed something somewhere. This seems a not very informative system. I like having the opportunity to choose which maps I’m going to update, individually. My datacap at my home ISP would never allow me to do a 4gb download in one go! But having no idea which maps are downloaded/updated is not good.

At the very least, after “deleting” the actual data of My Maps, the notice should have changed from “Saved…” to “Not Saved…” At the best, to maintain consistency with the rest of the interface, there should be a Saved Star between the Delete and View buttons that changes from outline to filled as relevant.

BuckyE

Also, as an addition, it seems to me that the map updates do not continue when PE Pro is not the active/frontmost app. While I am making these posts, the update does not continue. I think.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.