POCKETEARTH

Missing Hotels

Home All Topics General Missing Hotels

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ptutt
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

Everywhere i go in Europe (most recently in Turkey on the European side of Istanbul) and of the three hotels our group was staying in, none were in the data base. Is there another database i need to download for a current list of hotels?

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

Dear ptutt,

I am a PE user, not one of the developers. But I think I can give an at least partial answer.

PE uses Open Sreet Map data for its maps. This is a project created by volunteers all over the world, adding data as they can. Coverage will vary, just as it does with any mapping application. I also have seen that, for one reason or another, coverage of Turkey is not as good as we might hope.

But no, a PE map is “the” map, and there is nothing else to download. Perhaps you could join Open Sreet M ap and help the community add information? I’ve a tiny bit!

Yours,
    Bucky Edgett

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

Oh darn! I’m wrong! Please be sure to include in your downloads the Wikipedia and Wikipedia Travel Guide information. These very we’ll might have some of the information you would need! So sorry!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.