POCKETEARTH

Missing numbers or words in Wikipedia entries

Home All Topics Bugs Missing numbers or words in Wikipedia entries

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kahlbutz
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 1

In Wikipedia entries often some words or phrases are missing. Most frequently these are numbers (like the height of a mountain or the pop of a city), or text which has an external link asscociated with it. (I know by comparing it with the Wikipedia article outside Pocket Earth. Why does this happen?

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

YES! I’m seeing this thing as well, and often it’s just the relevant bit of information that I’m interested in!

This again is most probably related to the way PE is parsing Wikipedia-source code and saving it as a text.

Sometime ago, there were some plans to completely rebuild the way wikipedia articles are rendered, but I never heard again about this.

@geomagik: are there any plans working on this soon? would it be of help for you if we (suppose Kahlbutz will volounteer as well) compile a list with errors in the wikipedia parsing, giving the original text, the wikipedia source and how it should be correctly interpreted. Could this then being included in the wikipedia parser?

thanks, nounours

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.