POCKETEARTH

Mystery lines

Home All Topics Bugs Mystery lines

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AmateurCartographer
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 6
    I’m not sure if this is a bug, or if is a geographical feature.  There are some horizontal lines that render on the map as national borders at certain zoom levels.  See the attached screen capture of the area between Anchorage and Fairbanks, Alaska.  The lines are approximately at the following latitudes: 62.55363°N, 62.87741°N, 64.74465°N, and wrap around the globe.

None of these are the arctic circle, it renders properly at 66.56°N, and there is no OSM data at these locations.  I can’t figure out what these lines might be representing.  Perhaps there is some NaturalEarth data for these latitudes, but don’t know how to interrogate it.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Yea, this is an old bug that we were aware of already, but it kind of got forgotten about, so thanks for bringing it up!  I will check into it and see if we can fix now.

We have a major update coming soon with literally hundreds of fixes, new features, and usability improvements.
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

We have solved this issue and it will be corrected in our next app update which will be available early April.

AmateurCartographer
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 6

Good to hear.  Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.