POCKETEARTH

Nearby Search is gone: v2.0.1, iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Home All Topics Bugs Nearby Search is gone: v2.0.1, iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

Am I doing something wrong?

1. Zoomed in to a level that shows about 16 miles across horizontal/landscape map, on map for which I have downloaded entire State (or country, or city, anything).
    2. Open sidemenu, tap Search > Nearby.
    3. Categories open, first is Areas. Tap it and essentially blank menu slides open. Heading is “Area,” with a back arrow to Categories. No items are showing.
    4. Tap in “Search Areas” window/bar, keyboard comes up. Type anything, even the name of the town I’m viewing.
    5. Immediately, with the first keystroke, message “No Results Found” appears.

We’re leaving for a long trip in less than a month, and I’m a bit frustrated! Yikes!

I’ve re-downloaded all my former maps. That took literally days worth of time! Guess my old iPad is slow. But, no matter what map I view, at what zoom level, with what radius chosen, I have no Nearby Search. It’s just blank or No Results Found.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Bucky Edgett

Edited to say: All other Categories work perfectly, with subcategories full of POIs. Even Streets has massive lists. “Areas” is blank. I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong, but really really hope I don’t have to download my maps yet again!

Edited again to say: Starting from My Maps, I can see lists of cities/towns and search them. However, there are many* towns marked with names on the map that don’t appear in the lists shown in My Maps. This is also true of the lists that appear in All Maps. Thanks!
    *Well, perhaps not “many,” and I’m not going to spend the time looking at maps and comparing the towns to the relevant lists. But I see at least three named & mapped towns in a ten or 15 mile radius map of Languedoc, France that don’t appear in the list for that region.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

This issue was resolved about a week ago.  Please do an in-app data update to get the corrected Nearby Category definitions which includes fixes for Areas and for some of the Public Transport definitions.

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 298

I’m very sorry! Obviously not paying enough attention to the forum. Can’t thank you enough!

Now have about 18 jillion Nearbys and Searching is working a treat.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.