POCKETEARTH

No highway routes for car and motor

Home All Topics Feature Requests No highway routes for car and motor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    koenk
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2

Hello,

yesterday I bought pocketearth and have to say that it looks like a very good tool.
    Downloading maps, importing routes, all work fin. Have to test in real though.
    But there where 2 things I wondered why it was not implemented.

1 is the option for traveling by motorbike
    2 driving by car or motor avoiding freeways.

The first option would make it interesting even more to a lot of users.
    The 2nd is something that I like to do often, specially when driving on a motorbike from A to B or on holidays. I saw the option to avoid ferries and toll roads but not an option that its ‘preferred to avoid’ (so when the route is calculated it tries to avoid freeways, but when it would make the route immense longer it chooses for a freeway) or totally avoid freeways.

Do you guys think that this could be a nice feature in the next update?

Cheers Koen

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

We can only offer the routing options that our service provider offers unfortunately. Long term plan is implement a full offline routing engine and at that point we will have more control to offer such things.

That said, you can use the Driving: Shortest Route transport mode, this will tend to prefer smaller but more direct roads over freeways.

koenk
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2

Thanks.
    Looking foreword to the updates!

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.