POCKETEARTH

Online Address Search is not working for Minsk

Home All Topics Bugs Online Address Search is not working for Minsk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jabbson
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 2

Hello, dear community,

Although i’m totally excited about the quality of the app and how feature rich it is, i’m very sad to admit that one important feature is missing. I don’t really understand if this is a bug or not, but when i’m trying to find an address within Minsk (Republic of Belarus) using Online Address Search, search wouldn’t return and matches, whilst i can easily find the same address via OpenStreetMap, where Pocket Earth is taking most of its data from. Please advise. I can provide any necessary information about the issue if needed.

Best regards,
    Arseniy S. Ivanov.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Sorry about this, it will be corrected in our next update v2.2 in a few days!

Basically we use 2 different address search services for best results, and the OSM based one accidentally got broke in the last update! Sorry for the inconvenience.

jabbson
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your answer as well as for the great app.
    While this is a bit off the thread topic, let me ask you if there are plans to add offline search as well?

Best regards,
    Arseniy S. Ivanov

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Definitely, and its even on our short term road map! Long term we are planning to do full offline routing as well 🙂

But we have some essentials we have to do first like automatic multi-device sync of favorites.

jabbson
    Participant

Wow, sounds like very exciting features we are waiting for here… I look forward to see these features soon.
    Thanks again, simply great job!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.