POCKETEARTH

Organising Points of Interest when using Pocket Earth

Home All Topics General Organising Points of Interest when using Pocket Earth

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 4

Hi, i would appreciate some suggestions
    I have collected points of interest (POIs) in several cities over Italy & France while using these maps.
    At present they are all mixed up in favourites. Is there anyway these POI’s can be organised under each city?
    Thanks.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

There are several tools and techniques you can try, depending on your use case:

1. Favorites screen has several sorting options to choose from at top, the last one “User” means you can order how you want, by tapping the Edit button and using drag n’ drop to order them as you prefer.
    2. Use “Groups” to make your own custom lists. Items such as Pins and Routes can be added or cross-listed in more than one group at a time making it a powerful tool. You can also order items within individual groups as you like using the first technique. You can use this to make lists such as “Places to check out”, “Best Finds”, “Italy Trip”, etc. Groups can also be easily shared with friends who are using Pocket Earth by tapping the Share button on a Group’s Info Screen.
    3. For the favorites screen, you can use the search bar to type in a location. Typing “paris” for example will show you everything located in Paris.
    4. The Map Info Screen for places has a Favorites tab which shows you a list of your favorites located in that place. For example, if you are looking at Paris on the map, tap the main menu button and Paris will show as your current map in the Maps section near the top. Tap Paris, and then the Favorites tab at bottom right. You can also use the My Maps list to quickly get to your favorite places and view the Favorite items in them.
    Rick
    Participant

Thank you for your response. Several further questions
    1. How can I order/categorise my Pins under cities – for example – amongst our Paris Pins is a Florence Pin?
    2. How do I move my selected pins into my nominated groups created in ‘My Groups’ – for example – all my Paris pins into my group titled “Paris”?
    3.Can I move my items from ‘My PIO’ to “My Pin’s or into ‘my selected group’ without having to use the “address” under search?
    Thanks again.

Ozgeo
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 52

Hi Rick, it’s very easy to amend POI’s etc.

1. Click on a POI or waypoint
    2. Click on Groups
    3. Move (or search) to the group you and tick it and/or any other group you want it in
    4. Move to any group you don’t want it in (it will be ticked) and just untick it.
    5. Tick “close” and you done

BTW if you want only one group of pins to show, click and hold a group and only they will show.

Hope this helps

Rick
    Participant

Ozgeo, thank you for that information – it was a greet help. Cheers

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

@Rick:

Also, you can move many items at once into a group from any of the Favorites list screens. Just tap Edit at top right, then tick the checkmark next to items to be moved and then tap the Group Folder icon at toolbar on the bottom and finally choose 1 or more groups to add the selected items into.

If some items already belong to a group but not all you will see a Grey checkmark next to it.

Also, Fav POI and Pins are treated as completely different data types currently, and My XXX only filters your data by 1 type at a time. But of course a group can have mixed types/content.

Our next update will also allow you to hide a whole group of pins/pois from the map when you don’t need them visible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.