POCKETEARTH

Pocket Earth iPad iOS 8.1.2 crashes

Home All Topics Bugs Pocket Earth iPad iOS 8.1.2 crashes

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    spassig
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 6

Hello

I use PE for six weeks on iPad with iOS 8.1.1.
    Great App.
    No problems.

After upgrade to iOS 8.1.2 some days before I have iPad install new and made an upgrade from my MBP.
    All Apps and documents available on iPad with iOS 8.1.2
    I could not carry out my routes in Pocket Earth.
    Every time I will use routes the system switch to Home Screen.
    Later I saw that only no carts in Pocket Earth are available.
    Why lost cartes?

OK, I think, no problem.
    I install relevant cartes again.

But the same problem. The stored routes don’t work. Changing alway to Home Screen.
    I create a new route from my stored town to new town.
    When I do this the same problems come > Changing alway to Home Screen.

What is wrong?

Have someone a help?

Jochen

Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

Have you tried deleting then reinstalling the app?

spassig
    Participant

Hello

Thanks for feedback.

No I don’t have delete the App.
    If I delete Pocket Earth via iTunes can install it again without costs?
    Or must I buy it again?

I don’t have experiance with this kind of workflow.

Please answer.

Regards

Hans Joachim Klotz

Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

Just delete it from your iPhone/iPad then from the App Store select “purchased” on the bottom line and you will see Pocket Earth Pro. Touch the cloud symbol with the blue arrow – you don’t have to buy it again

spassig
    Participant

Thanks.
    New installation was OK.
    Download cart of Germany is running.
    Later I will see if it is OK.

Hans Joachim Klotz

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Map files themselves can be quite large (if you download large countries, etc) so Apple quite reasonably does not allow us to include these in iTunes or iCloud backups. But they can be easily downloaded from our own servers again using the normal Download method in the app.

I am not sure why the app was crashing though, or why your routes could not be opened. Normally these are saved in iTunes and iCloud backups and can be recovered normally via a Restore. Sorry to hear it wasn’t working properly!

In the future, you can use the Settings > Export > Pocket Earth Archive options to export your own backups periodically so you can import later if you need to reinstall the app. We hope to add a more automatic backup solution along with multi-device sync in the next months.

spassig
    Participant

Hello GeoMagik

Thanks for feedback and help.
    Now I have Installed 4 cartes and create a new route in Germany from A to B.
    This works well.

Very good application.

Hope some new innovations come in future.

Jochen

leisurous12
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

After not having used pocket earth for a while, I noticed that it now crashes everytime I start it. As mentioned above, I deleted the app and reinstalled it, which solved the problem. However, it also deleted all my stored information, such as saved locations, routes, etc.

Is there any way I could retreive these? I have been backing up with icloud, including the content of the app. Before I go there, I would like to know if this will help me to get my old data back.

deecypher
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 3

@GeoMagik: Great to hear that iCloud sync in on the roadmap. I think that’s great for people with multiple devices. Do you think you’ll ever release a web version so that we may plan our trips on a computer and then bring them up on our devices? I know it’s possible to import, blah blah, but Google Maps doesn’t even export to GPX or CSV, so it has to be converted, blah blah blah. Plus, the new Google Maps Engine sucks balls and crashes constantly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.