POCKETEARTH

Problem on A61 in Germany

Home All Topics Bugs Problem on A61 in Germany

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NSquirrel
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

I was investigating something strange on my planned route along the A61 in Germany and found quite a problem. There seems to be a discontinuity around the Kruft Kretz junction. The route is unable to cross the junction and so has to go off the autobahn; along some side roads, and then back onto the autobahn in order to continue. See the screen shot. Although I have put the start and end points of the route close together, this does change the effect. -So the problem is not caused by being too close to the junction and hence on the slip roads. As you can see on the screen shot, when the route goes back onto the autobahn, it actually goes in the wrong direction to start with!

BTW, I had hoped to upload two screen shots, but while the ‘Create New Topic’ seems to allow more than one file, it is actually limited to one 🙁

nounours
    • Topics: 66
    • Replies: 260

Hi,

I do not see you attachement – but I checked for it. You mean in direction north-south? It looks for me like a data error – see this post for explanation: http://pocketearth.com/forums/topic/minor-map-error/

I will look at the data, and correct it, or, if I’m not sure, flag it for correction.

cheers, nounours

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    nounours

After inspection, I do not see a problem.

The routing on OSM gives the expected result. (see attachement 1).

There was a correction 4 months ago (see attachement 2), which probably relates to your problem. But I think this change should be in PE, and more importantly, since PE uses MapQuestOpen for routing, I would expect that the problem should be corrected there too …

strange …

nounours

Attachments:
    nounours

Oh, for curiosity, I just went to MapQuest Open, and did the routing there: and I find the error!!!!

=> so this easily explains why it’s wrong in PE – since PE uses MapQuest.

But why is MapQuest wrong??? Either, they use 4 month old data, or they have a bug somewhere … well … we should write them!!!

hopes this clears things a bit up!!

Nounours

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.