POCKETEARTH

problem using GPS outside of Toronto, Ontario

Home All Topics General problem using GPS outside of Toronto, Ontario

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    victor88
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

This app’s GPS function runs very well in Toronto but when I drive outside of the city the GPS just stops working. It somehow can’t determine my position whenever I’m outside of Toronto. Using Ipad 4 with ios 6.1.3.

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Sorry for the very slow response. Are you still having this issue? Do you have a WiFi Only iPad model?

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Unfortunately, Apple does not include GPS hardware in the WiFi Only models so it is only able to give you an estimate of your location when there are WiFi hotspots near by you.  One option is to purchase an iPad compatible external GPS device. 

ajaymjoshi
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

What ipad compatible external GPS device do you recommend? I have heard that the bad Elf device plugs into the ipad port? Will it work seamlessly with the PE? 

Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

I use the Bad Elf Pro model and can confirm that one works seamlessly with PE on the iPad. I especially like the fact that it can be kept in a pocket for example while the device is in use. I also use it with an iPod Touch for navigation on my m/c . Being able to record a track log without the Apple device switched on is also a plus

Myfiveacres
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 6

I also use bad elf, and love it. It works extremely well. Wish I had bought an ipad with 3G to start with, as I didn’t know the wifi only version had no gos but bad elf is a great solution, had got me 8,000 km ton my bike so can’t complain.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.