POCKETEARTH

Readability issues

Home All Topics Feature Requests Readability issues

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

I’m just back from a 2000 mile motorcycle tour using PE on a iPod Touch 4th Generation and a Bad Elf BT GPS for navigation. There are inherent problems using such a device, such as the highly reflective screen and inability to easily work the capacative touchscreen – that said, it all worked rather well

I would like to see an improved GPS position marker however. A blue dot on a blue track with several adjacent control points is not easy to take in at a glance. Perhaps the option of something like a hollow red triangle could be offered?

As mentioned, controlling the screen is not easy even with a capacative screen enabled glove and so I used a cheap stylus on an elastic band tether. This worked OK except that the zoom controls are very small targets even … ahem ….. when the bike is stopped. Perhaps these could be enlarged? If the map could autozoom in when approaching a control point or turn that would be even better

I think the option to position the GPS position icon further down the screen to enlarge the view ahead has already been proposed. This would indeed be a great boon to motorists and riders

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.