POCKETEARTH

Request: Recording routes even when in background or sleep mode.

Home All Topics General Request: Recording routes even when in background or sleep mode.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ragnakore
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 38

I started recording a route with PocketEarth; knowing that the trip will take many hours, in order to save power, I pressed on the power button (but not turn off power) turn the display off. 10+ Hours later, PocketEarth did not record anything. I was disappointed.

One app I have previously used MotionX, can record routes even when in background mode, or in sleep mode. I wish PocketEarth can do the same. If PocketEarth can do this, maybe I did something wrong?

Reason why this is important: Long Trip!

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Sorry to hear that!  PocketEarth does allow automatic BG track recording, however, there was a bug in v1.5 that could cause it to crash when recording in the BG. We are submitting a new update to Apple today that will correct this issue and a number of other bugs that were present in v1.5.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, the new update should available in 1 week!
    ragnakore
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 38

That’s good news!

I hope the update also fixed the bug when a  “political boundary lines lies on top of a street, the street is not displayed “

GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

In the current version, if you have gotten the latest in-app data update, this situation is at least improved. Namely, that it will show the much more important roads rather than the admin boundary.  We are still working on a really solution, however, to show both at same time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.