POCKETEARTH

Road surface/condition shown on the map

Home All Topics Feature Requests Road surface/condition shown on the map

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yaron_de
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

I use PocketEarth when travelling with my motorbike and heavily relied on it on my last trip through South America. One major factor when planning a route is road surface (asphalt/gravel/dust). You need this information to choose the route and to plan ahead where to stop for the night.

The feature I miss most is the option to show the road surface type on the map.
    Even if OpenStreetMap is far from complete wrt surface type mapping, with this feature it is easy to review the current state and update it during/after travelling. Currently PocketEarth is already the best option for overseas adventure travelers. With this option it would be plain awesome!
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Sounds useful, we will try to add a Map Layer option for this in one of our updates…

BTW, OSM has surface specification on about 6 million road segments, which is about 10% of all roads (though some road types have an implicit surface specification).
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.