POCKETEARTH

Roads of a certain type nearly invisible in OSM Classic view

Home All Topics Bugs Roads of a certain type nearly invisible in OSM Classic view

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wilfr
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

Maybe not really a bug, but certainly annoying and probably easy to resolve: when using the OSM Classic view, some roads (such as L260 in the attachment) almost seem to disappear, because their greenish colour is almost the same as the colour of the surrounding grassland. On OSM, the colour of such roads is actually orange, which makes them stand out much better. Would it be possible to change the default colour of these roads?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    wilfr
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

Accidentally posted empty message. @Moderators, please delete – my apologies

brook kelly
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1

Lessons in his life and his own experience and a great life voice and the ability for more women are more of this story was born in a single year which it doesn’t seem so bad for more people who don’t want to Web desgin services

Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

I have to agree with you on this issue. Not wanting to hijack your post but on a similar vein tracks and routes often obscure important details details on roads. So, for instance, the junction numbers on motorways are buried regardless of any colour selected for the route

The whole issue of screen “readability” deserves discussion,.Town and village names arguably need highlighting among other things – but how much of this is under the control of PE?

Dissertation Author
    Participant
    • Replies: 1

The original owners of the professional assignment help in uk are still in charge today. We used to be a small group of friends who decided to help their classmates after realising that many of their peers were struggling to raise their grades and balance their workloads.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Designs 77
    Participant
    • Replies: 2

Designs77 only believes in concentrating on the client’s company growth with the help of cutting-edge IT technology that we provide in the shape of various IT, Digitizing, digitizing and vectorizing and Designing services.

NSquirrel
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

I have had this too and reported it as a bug. I think it had something to do with the map source and was out of the control of PE, but my memory may well be incorrect….

Designs 77
    Participant
    • Replies: 2

Designs77 only believes in focusing on the client’s company growth with the help of cutting-edge IT technology that we provide in the shape of various IT, Digitizing, digitizing and vectorizing and Designing services.

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 299

Gawd! Spam crufts.

Dear wilfr:
    The map stylings are what they are. When choosing OSM Classic, the whole point is to see what OSM itself decided to do–long ago, hence “Classic,” and provide to users and developers–with colors, line widths, icons, etc. All that stuff is baked into the “Base Layer” map, and the PE developers don’t muck about with it. Why the devs decided to provide OSM Classic view as a map style choice, I’ve no idea! Nor how long ago they decided that, or why other OSM styles haven’t been provided. It’s quite possible the current PE OSM Classic View has been deprecated on OSM itself, hence the color changes. Does OSM still provide a “Classic View” styling choice?

Dear Kritou,
    The problem of ” tracks and routes often obscure important details details on roads” was discussed ages ago (although I can’t possibly find any threads!). If I recall correctly, the basic issue was somewhat similar to wilfr’s question. That is, the map info from OSM is imported to PE as a kind of “base layer.” Over which PE puts our tracks/routes, Pins, etc. Some of the base layer information can be STYLED: POI icons, for instance. But the OSM map information either couldn’t be, or maybe was couldn’t be without massive, unaffordable programming, pulled up to PE layers to be put over other PE stuff. A fall-back suggestion was to provide transparency to the PE overlays for tracks&routs, but that never went anywhere.

Kritou
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 96

Hi BuckyE – good to hear of/from you again

Thanks for your explanation/s re visibility but if the PE developers do pick up the reins again the possibility of a “on the fly” transparency option would be a good starting point IMHO.

Out of interest I will have a scout round the OSM forums to see what if anything has been said about emphasising the text of village, town and city names

I have recently been playing and investing in the MyRoute app. It is a powerful tool for those who require different mapping platforms besides OSM but the range of subscriptions, options and menus make PE a beacon of utility and user friendliness!

All the best

BuckyE
    • Topics: 63
    • Replies: 299

Dear Kritou,

Yes, PE is my perfect solution to offline mapping (my initial interest), customization, information availability and ease of use. With the thousands of hours I’ve spent adding info to PE, that is numerically linked to travel research I’ve created as PDFs I store on my iPad for offline reference, I’m going to continue to use PE as long as it offers updating of maps.

The PE interface is fine by me. I know it could use tweaking, but so could any other app use tweaking to satisfy individuals.

I’ll try to stick around as long as I can!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.