POCKETEARTH

Route Navigation while offline — Issue

Home All Topics General Route Navigation while offline — Issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mariano
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 3

Hello,

First of all, I really enjoy the app, once I learned to use it it has become very simple and easy to plan my itineraries and routes. I have my entire trip planned to Scotland, where I created one route for each day I’ll be driving. I’m in Scotland right now and today (day 1), when I started the app to use it, I noticed that even though my location is correctly positioned on the route, PE keeps saying “Off-course! Tap to fetch corrections from server or drive back to route.” It just won’t acknowledge that i’m on the right road.
    It’s been very frustrating as I’m not off the route, so I haven’t been able to use the application at all. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I just want it to tell me when and where to turn. Data roaming and Cell Data are turned off, but the GPS is still active as I’m on a UK network now. I hope to get a quick answer and see if I can successfully use the app to help me navigate part of this trip.
    I’m using an iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3 and PE 1.5
    Thanks for any suggestions.
    Mariano
    GeoMagik
    Admin
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 799

Sorry to hear this! This is the only report we have gotten of this issue, and are not sure immediately what could be wrong.  If its not too much trouble, could you send us 2 screenshots to help us better understand the situation:

1> Screenshot of this error message with the map zoomed in and showing your current location on or close to the route path.
    2> Screenshot zoomed out enough to show the entire route path.

You can take a screenshot easily by pressing both the Home button and the Power button at the same time (the screen will flash white & make a camera sound to let you know it was taken). The screenshots will be saved in your Camera Roll in Photos.  You can then email these images to us at info@geomagik.com or post them to this forum thread.

Thanks and sorry again!

Mariano
    Participant

Email with screenshots sent. Thanks!

GeoMagik
    Admin

Thanks for sending the screenshots!  They seem to show that you are driving from somewhere near Edinburgh to somewhere near Oban.  Is that correct or are you trying to drive the opposite direction?

GeoMagik
    Admin

Sorry, ignore my last comment/question. That is pretty obvious and everything about this looks correct and it should be working.  We are looking into the issue further, and will let you know when we have more info.

Mariano
    Participant

Just a quick update as I am able to be back online where I’m staying tonight.

I had created one route for each day on my trip. The route for Day 1 always gave me the reported problem — however, the app has been working much better with the routes for the following days. I saw the problem occasionally but it eventually worked on these other routes. My guess is that the problem is related to routes that go over the same point more than once — just a wild guess here!
    Thanks for replying.
    Mariano
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geomagik LLC

Contact Us

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we'd love to hear them!
Please fill out the form below or post to our Forum.

PocketEarth © 2012 GeoMagik LLC. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.